- 3 lbs. peeled apples (variety, ex: Gala Honeycrisp, Braeburn)
- 1 cup apple cider or apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cups Brown Swerve, divided
- 1 TBS ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- Cut peeled apples into 1-inch pieces
- Bring apples, cider, and ½ cup Brown Swerve to a rolling boil in a pot or dutch oven over high heat. Cover, leaving the lid partially open for 20 minutes or until the liquid evaporates, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Transfer cooked apples & remaining liquid to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Return mixture to the pot, then stir in spices and remaining Brown Swerve.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Let cool for 45 minutes, then store in airtight containers. Refrigerate up to 2 months or freeze for up to 6 months.
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 0g|
|Total Saturated Fat 0g|
|Total Carbs 30g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 10g|