- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup unsalted cold butter
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold water
- 5 Granny Smith Apples
- 1 Cup Swerve Sweetener
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Sugar Free Vanilla Ice Cream (for topping)
Apple Pie FIlling
- Peel and core apples. While cutting up apples, place in a bowl of cold water with a little bit of lemon juice to prevent
- Combine Swerve Sweetener, Flour, spices, lemon juice and butter in a large bowl.
- Drain apples and lightly pat dry. Toss apples with Swerve mixture till all are thoroughly coated
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix shortening, flour, and salt together with a fork or a pastry blender until very crumbly. Add as much water as needed to hold together, and mix lightly with a fork.
- Cut ball of dough in half. Roll each half gently on a floured surface to about an inch larger than a 9 inch pan.
- Fold carefully in half, lift over pie pan, and unfold. Press into pan. Dock dough by poking all over with a fork.
- Pour filling into pie crust, making sure apples are evenly spaced. Cover with top crust and crimp the edges of dough together to form a seal.
- Cover edge of pie with aluminum foil to prevent burning. If desired brush top of pie with egg whites to make a browner crust. Place the pie pan on a sturdy cookie sheet so it will be easy to move in and out of the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes until slightly golden but not brown.
- Set oven to 375 degrees F and continue cooking for 50 minutes.
- Let cool for about 2 hours at room temperature before refrigerating.
Makes about 10 servings.
Serving Size 1 slice
|Total Fat 23g|
|Total Saturated Fat 11g|
|Total Carbs 60g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Net Carbs: 36g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.