Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature), divided
- ½ cup Brown Swerve
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1/8 cup unsweetened coconut milk or unsweetened almond milk
- ½ - 1 cup dark chocolate or bittersweet chips
- Sea salt for sprinkling - optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Mix almond flour, gelatin, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Heat four tablespoons of butter in a sauce pan over low heat until melted. Pour into stand mixer bowl or a large bowl. Add remaining two tablespoons of room temperature butter to the melted butter.
- On medium speed, beat butter, Brown Swerve, and vanilla until creamy. Add egg and beat until combined. Gradually beat in flour mixture until combined. Stir milk into cookie dough until evenly mixed. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon to measure, scoop dough onto cookie sheet. Sprinkle each cookie with a dash of sea salt. Bake for 11-13 minutes – and it’s okay if the cookie looks uncooked in the middle.
- Remove from oven, and don’t touch them – let them cool completely on the cookie sheet and the cookie will remain soft and gooey inside yet crunchy on the outside.
Makes 24 servings.
Serving Size 1 cookie
|Total Fat 9g|
|Total Saturated Fat 3.5g|
|Total Carbs 10g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Added Sugar 3g|
|Net Carbs: 3g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.