Chocolate Dipped Raspberry Meringues
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp raspberry extract
- 8 or more drops natural vegetable red food coloring, depending on how pink you want it (if using regular red food coloring, you may need a lot less)
- 1/4 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 cup granulated Swerve Sweetener
- 4 1/2 ounces dark chocolate (85 to 90% cacao), chopped
- 1/2 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 200F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar and salt on high until frothy. Add raspberry extract and food coloring and continue to beat until medium-stiff peaks form and mixture is glossy.
- With beaters running, slowly add Swerve until peaks are stiff and mixture is glossy.
- Fill a pastry bag fitted with a star tip with meringue mixture and pipe into rosettes about 2 to 3 inches wide. Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes, switching the positions of the cookie sheets halfway through. Turn off oven and let meringues cool completely inside.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, melt chocolate and coconut oil together until smooth. Dip the bottoms or sides of cooled meringues into melted chocolate and set on a parchment or waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate until chocolate is set, about 10 minutes.
- Makes about 24 to 30 meringues.
Serving Size 1 meringue
|Total Fat 3g|
|Total Saturated Fat 1.5g|
|Total Carbs 6g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.