Chocolate Dipped Raspberry Meringues
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp raspberry extract
- 8 or more drops natural vegetable red food coloring, depending on how pink you want it (if using regular red food coloring, you may need a lot less)
- 1/4 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 cup granulated Swerve Sweetener
- 4 1/2 ounces dark chocolate (85 to 90% cacao), chopped
- 1/2 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 200F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar and salt on high until frothy. Add raspberry extract and food coloring and continue to beat until medium-stiff peaks form and mixture is glossy.
- With beaters running, slowly add Swerve until peaks are stiff and mixture is glossy.
- Fill a pastry bag fitted with a star tip with meringue mixture and pipe into rosettes about 2 to 3 inches wide. Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes, switching the positions of the cookie sheets halfway through. Turn off oven and let meringues cool completely inside.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, melt chocolate and coconut oil together until smooth. Dip the bottoms or sides of cooled meringues into melted chocolate and set on a parchment or waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate until chocolate is set, about 10 minutes.
- Makes about 24 to 30 meringues.
Serving Size 1 meringue
|Total Fat 3g|
|Total Saturated Fat 1.5g|
|Total Carbs 6g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|