Almond Sugar Cookie
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup Swerve, Granular
- 1 large eggs (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a separate bowl, combine almond flour, salt, xanthan gum, and baking powder, and set aside.
- Cream butter and Swerve until fluffy, scraping the side of the mixer bowl as necessary.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and almond extract and beat until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients and almond milk and mix until combined.
- Place dough in refrigerator for an hour or two and chill.
- Remove from refrigerator and scoop a teaspoon or tablespoon of dough (depending on size you want of cookie). Roll into a ball and place on greased cookie sheet or parchment paper on cookie sheet.
- Place parchment paper over balls of dough, and press down with a flat bottomed glass on top of each ball to flatten. Gently remove top layer of parchment paper used to press dough balls down.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes until cookie edges are a bit golden.
- Let cool on cookie sheet, and keep them uncovered for about an hour before dipping them in chocolate glaze.
Chocolate Ganache Glaze
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate
- ½ cup Confectioners, Swerve
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoon sour cream
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, add the chocolate, heavy cream, Swerve, and sour cream.
- Whisk the mixture continuously until ganache is smooth and warm.
Chocolate Ganache Dipped Almond Sugar Cookie
Serving Size 1 cookie
|Total Fat 9g|
|Total Saturated Fat 3.5g|
|Total Carbs 6g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|