- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup Swerve Confectioners
- ¹⁄₃ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¹⁄₈ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (or hemp milk if nut-free)
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (or coconut oil if dairy-free), softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup full-fat coconut milk (or heavy cream if not dairy-sensitive)
- ¹⁄₃ cup Swerve Confectioners
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- Seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean (about 8 inches long), or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 6-cavity donut pan.
- To make the donuts, combine all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir together until well combined. Add the wet ingredients to the bowl and use a hand mixer to combine until smooth.
- Fill each well of the donut pan two-thirds full with the batter. Bake for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a donut comes out clean. Let the donuts cool in the pan before glazing them.
- To make the glaze, place the coconut milk, Swerve, and chopped chocolate in a double boiler or a heat-safe bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Heat on low, stirring, just until the chocolate melts. Remove from the heat. Add the vanilla and stir well to combine.
- Dip the cooled donuts in the glaze.
- Store extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Makes 6 donuts.
From Keto Comfort Foods by Maria Emmerich
Serving Size 1 donut
|Total Fat 31g|
|Total Saturated Fat 19g|
|Total Carbs 36g|
|Dietary Fiber 10g|
|Net Carbs: 6g|