Chocolate Glazed Doughnuts
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup Swerve Confectioners
- ¹⁄₃ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¹⁄₈ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (or hemp milk if nut-free)
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (or coconut oil if dairy-free), softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup full-fat coconut milk (or heavy cream if not dairy-sensitive)
- ¹⁄₃ cup Swerve Confectioners
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- Seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean (about 8 inches long), or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 6-cavity donut pan.
- To make the donuts, combine all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir together until well combined. Add the wet ingredients to the bowl and use a hand mixer to combine until smooth.
- Fill each well of the donut pan two-thirds full with the batter. Bake for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a donut comes out clean. Let the donuts cool in the pan before glazing them.
- To make the glaze, place the coconut milk, Swerve, and chopped chocolate in a double boiler or a heat-safe bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Heat on low, stirring, just until the chocolate melts. Remove from the heat. Add the vanilla and stir well to combine.
- Dip the cooled donuts in the glaze.
- Store extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Makes 6 donuts.
From Keto Comfort Foods by Maria Emmerich
Serving Size 1 donut
|Total Fat 31g|
|Total Saturated Fat 19g|
|Total Carbs 36g|
|Dietary Fiber 10g|
|Net Carbs: 6g|
In the Swerve Kitchen with Maria Emmerich - Chocolate Glazed Doughnuts
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.