Peanut Butter Cheesecake Layer
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup Swerve Confectioners
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Chocolate Mousse Layer
- 1/4 cup hot unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup Swerve Confectioners
- 3 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Swerve Confectioners
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 vanilla bean scraped clean or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Garnish with Crushed Peanuts
Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Heat gelatin mixture until the gelatin melts, about 2 minutes (or in the microwave for 10 seconds or until liquefied).
- Add in the cream cheese, peanut butter, Swerve, and heavy cream and mix well with an electric mixer.
- Pour the batter into a silicone bouche pan or a 9x5-inch loaf pan (note: if you use a loaf pan, make sure to line it with parchment paper that overhangs so you can release the cake since it will need to thaw a little before it will release).
- Gently put the mold in the freezer while you make the chocolate mousse layer.
- Place almond milk a saucepan and whisk in powdered gelatin. Let soften for a minute. Then heat in saucepan until hot.
- Slowly whisk in Swerve and the yolks. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook custard for 5 minutes or until mixture thickens and coats the stir spoon.
- Add finely chopped chocolate and stir until chocolate is totally melted, about 3 more minutes. Place in fridge to cool slightly while you whip the cream.
- Once the chocolate custard is no longer hot, just slightly warm, whip cream until stiff peaks form and gradually fold whipped cream into the chocolate custard until combined. Smooth chocolate mousse over the peanut butter layer in the bouche pan. Cover and freeze for at least 3 hours, or overnight until frozen firm.
- To unmold, place bouche pan over a wire rack. Gently peel the sides of the mold away from the mousse. Press the top of the mold gently with your hands until the mousse releases. Place the bouche onto a serving platter. Place cake in the freezer while you prepare the glaze.
- Add the cream, chopped chocolate and Swerve in a double boiler or in a heat safe bowl over simmering water.
- Place on low heat while stirring just until chocolate melts. Remove from heat. Add in the vanilla. Pour the chocolate glaze over the cooled bouche. Garnish with crushed peanuts.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Makes about 12 servings.
Serving Size 1 slice
|Total Fat 41g|
|Total Saturated Fat 20g|
|Total Carbs 36g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Net Carbs: 8g|