- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 ¼ cup of Swerve granular divided
- 1 TBS baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup of milk
- 4 cups of peach slices skins on
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- ½ tsp of nutmeg
- Melt stick of butter in microwave or on stove top, and once melted, pour into a 9 X 13 casserole dish (this will create a thinner slice of cobbler) or 3 ½ quart round dutch oven (if you want your cobbler portions to be thick and moist).
- Combine flour, ¾ cup of Swerve, baking powder, and salt. Add milk, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. Mixture will be semi-thick, and not like batter. Add gobs of batter mixture evenly on across casserole dish and be careful not to stir butter into mixture.
- Bring peaches, remaining 1/2 cup of Swerve, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon juice to a boil on medium to medium high heat, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes.
- Pour peach mixture on top of batter; do not stir.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes until golden brown. Around 30 minutes, cover dish with aluminum foil to prevent over browning if necessary.
- Swerve cobbler warm with Swerve Southern Peach Ice Cream or ice cream of choice. Enjoy!
Makes about 15 servings.
Serving Size 1 piece
|Total Fat 7g|
|Total Saturated Fat 4g|
|Total Carbs 27g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 8g|