Cranberry-Red Wine Sauce
- 1 TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup minced shallot
- 1 ½ cup of dry red wine – organic or clean crafted
- ½ cup thawed frozen cranberries (no sugar added)
- 4-6 TBS of Swerve Confectioners (depending on sweetness)
- ¼ tsp salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh chopped sage
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 TBS salted butter
- Heat 1 TBS of Olive Oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ¼ cup of chopped shallot and cook, stirring until softened, about a minute or two.
- Add 1 ½ cup red wine, salt and pepper, 4 TBS of Swerve Confectioners, 1 ½ tsp sage and bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
- Cook stirring occasionally, until the sauce is reduced by about half, and should take around 10 minutes.
- Mash the cranberries gently with a back of a spoon. Note: If the sauce is too bitter from the cranberries, add one or more TBS Swerve Confectioners.
- Turn off heat, and sprinkle xanthan gum over cranberry/wine mixture. Whisk in completely and set aside for 10 minutes to allow to thicken.
- Add TBS of butter and mix into thickened mixture.
- Pour warm or hot over turkey or dressing and enjoy!
Note: if it is too thick, add a little warm water before serving.
Inspired by “Eating Well” magazine, November 2019. We Swerved it. http://www.eatingwell.com/reci...
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 3g|
|Total Saturated Fat 1g|
|Total Carbs 10g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.