Cranberry-Red Wine Sauce
- 1 TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup minced shallot
- 1 ½ cup of dry red wine – organic or clean crafted
- ½ cup thawed frozen cranberries (no sugar added)
- 4-6 TBS of Swerve Confectioners (depending on sweetness)
- ¼ tsp salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh chopped sage
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 TBS salted butter
- Heat 1 TBS of Olive Oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ¼ cup of chopped shallot and cook, stirring until softened, about a minute or two.
- Add 1 ½ cup red wine, salt and pepper, 4 TBS of Swerve Confectioners, 1 ½ tsp sage and bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
- Cook stirring occasionally, until the sauce is reduced by about half, and should take around 10 minutes.
- Mash the cranberries gently with a back of a spoon. Note: If the sauce is too bitter from the cranberries, add one or more TBS Swerve Confectioners.
- Turn off heat, and sprinkle xanthan gum over cranberry/wine mixture. Whisk in completely and set aside for 10 minutes to allow to thicken.
- Add TBS of butter and mix into thickened mixture.
- Pour warm or hot over turkey or dressing and enjoy!
Note: if it is too thick, add a little warm water before serving.
Inspired by “Eating Well” magazine, November 2019. We Swerved it. http://www.eatingwell.com/reci...
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 3g|
|Total Saturated Fat 1g|
|Total Carbs 10g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|