Cranberry Turkey Meatballs
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- ½ tsp chipotle powder (optional)
- 1 ½ lbs ground turkey
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup chicken broth
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine cranberries, water, and vinegar. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until all the cranberries have popped, about 7 minutes.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve into a large bowl, pressing firmly on the solids to release as much juice as possible. Discard solids.
- Whisk the sweetener and chipotle powder into the juices. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, almond flour, egg, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Form by hand into 1 inch balls (you should get 24 to 30 meatballs).
- Heat 1 tbsp of the butter in a large skillet. Add half of the meatballs and brown all over, about 4 minutes. Repeat with remaining meatballs. Return all the meatballs to the pan and add the broth. Cover the pan and cook until meatballs are cooked through, about 5 more minutes.
- Add the cooked meatballs to the glaze in the bowl and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Makes 24 to 30 meatballs (about 8 servings).
Serving Size 3 meatballs
|Total Fat 9g|
|Total Saturated Fat 2.5g|
|Total Carbs 15g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.