Cranberry Turkey Meatballs
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- ½ tsp chipotle powder (optional)
- 1 ½ lbs ground turkey
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup chicken broth
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine cranberries, water, and vinegar. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until all the cranberries have popped, about 7 minutes.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve into a large bowl, pressing firmly on the solids to release as much juice as possible. Discard solids.
- Whisk the sweetener and chipotle powder into the juices. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, almond flour, egg, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Form by hand into 1 inch balls (you should get 24 to 30 meatballs).
- Heat 1 tbsp of the butter in a large skillet. Add half of the meatballs and brown all over, about 4 minutes. Repeat with remaining meatballs. Return all the meatballs to the pan and add the broth. Cover the pan and cook until meatballs are cooked through, about 5 more minutes.
- Add the cooked meatballs to the glaze in the bowl and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Makes 24 to 30 meatballs (about 8 servings).
Serving Size 3 meatballs
|Total Fat 9g|
|Total Saturated Fat 2.5g|
|Total Carbs 15g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|