Cream Cheese Pumpkin Muffins
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¹⁄₈ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (or coconut oil if dairy-free), softened
- ½ cup Swerve Confectioners
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh or canned pumpkin puree
Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 oz cream cheese (Kite Hill brand cream cheese style spread if dairy-free), softened
- ¼ cup Swerve Confectioners
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease or place paper liners in 6 wells of a standard-size muffin pan if you want large muffins. You can also get 12 smaller muffins.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the almond flour, baking soda, salt, and spices until well combined. In another bowl, mix together the butter, Swerve, eggs, and pumpkin until smooth. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full.
- To make the filling, using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese in a medium-sized bowl until smooth. Add the Swerve, egg yolk, and vanilla and beat until well combined. Top each muffin with about 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese filling and use a toothpick to swirl it into the batter.
- Bake the muffins for 30 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool before removing from the pan. Store extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat on a baking sheet in a preheated 350°F oven for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
From Keto Comfort Foods by Maria Emmerich
Serving Size 1 muffin
|Total Fat 16g|
|Total Saturated Fat 7g|
|Total Carbs 15g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|
In the Swerve Kitchen with Maria Emmerich - Cream Cheese Pumpkin Muffins
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.