Crock Pot Ketchup
- 2 (28 Ounce) cans peeled tomatoes
- 1/4 cup water divided
- 2/3 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- ¾ cup distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsps salt
- 1/8 tsp celery salt
- 1/8 tsp mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon finely ground pepper
- 1 whole clove
- Pour tomatoes into your crockpot. Swirl 1/8 cup water in each empty can and pour into slow cooker. Add remainder of ingredients, and mix together with a spoon or spatula.
- Cook on high for 10-12 hours, uncovered (you want the liquid to evaporate). Stir every hour or so to combine flavors. It also helps to press on tomatoes until they break apart near the end of the cooking timeline.
- Once ketchup has thickened, pour into your blender, food processor, or with an immersion blender, and puree until you get the consistency you want.
- Once pureed, if you want to avoid any seeds or peels, spoon the ketchup into a fine strainer and press mixture with back of ½ cup measuring cup and strain into a bowl.
- Cool completely before tasting and add a little more salt and pepper accordingly to your taste.
- Refrigerate in Tupperware or covered bowl for up to a week- if it lasts that long.
Serving Size 122g
|Total Fat 0g|
|Total Saturated Fat 0g|
|Total Carbs 13g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Net Carbs: 4g|