- 8 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- ½ cup of milk plus 1 tablespoon of milk (room temperature)
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1/8 cup of coconut flour
- 1/8 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon instant espresso powder
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 4 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- ½ cup Swerve, Granular
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of peppermint extract or flavoring
- 2 normal size candy canes for decorating
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt 8 oz of chocolate in medium metal bowl or double boiler, and set over saucepan of simmering water until melted and smooth. Add ½ cup of milk, and Swerve, Confectioners and whisk until smooth. Set aside ¼ cup of chocolate for decorating.
- Whisk almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, and espresso powder in separate bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth and combined.
- Mix in Swerve, Granular until combined and creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Add egg, vanilla extract and peppermint extract and mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients, and mix until combined scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl.
- Measure 1 tablespoon of dough and place it on a cookie sheet lined parchment paper.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes when cookie cracks and large crumbs come out on toothpicks.
- Let cookies cool on sheet for five minutes and then remove to baking rack with parchment paper.
- Once cookies cool, smash candy canes into tiny bits and set aside. Reheat chocolate on stovetop and mix in 1 tablespoon of milk. Take warm chocolate and with a spoon drizzle on cookies, and then sprinkle candy cane bits over each cookie.
*Note: If placing on top of each other when transporting or storing, I would place a piece of wax paper between each layer so they don’t stick to each other.
Makes about 24 cookies.
Serving Size 1 cookie
|Total Fat 11g|
|Total Saturated Fat 6g|
|Total Carbs 13g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 3g|