Double Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies
- 8 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- ½ cup of milk plus 1 tablespoon of milk (room temperature)
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1/8 cup of coconut flour
- 1/8 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon instant espresso powder
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 4 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- ½ cup Swerve, Granular
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of peppermint extract or flavoring
- 2 normal size candy canes for decorating
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt 8 oz of chocolate in medium metal bowl or double boiler, and set over saucepan of simmering water until melted and smooth. Add ½ cup of milk, and Swerve, Confectioners and whisk until smooth. Set aside ¼ cup of chocolate for decorating.
- Whisk almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, and espresso powder in separate bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth and combined.
- Mix in Swerve. Granular until combined and creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Add egg, vanilla extract and peppermint extract and mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients, and mix until combined scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl.
- Measure 1 tablespoon of dough and place it on a cookie sheet lined parchment paper.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes when cookie cracks and large crumbs come out on toothpicks.
- Let cookies cool on sheet for five minute and then remove to baking rack with parchment paper.
- Once cookies cool, smash candy canes into tiny bit and not dust and set aside. Reheat chocolate on stovetop and mix in 1 tablespoon of milk. Take warm chocolate and with a spoon drizzle on cookies, and then sprinkle candy cane bits over each cookie.
- Note: If placing on top of each other when transporting or storing, I would place a piece of wax paper between each layer so they don’t stick to each other.
- Makes about 24 servings.
NET CARB COUNT. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting dietary fiber and Swerve used in the recipe.
Serving Size 1 (44g)
|Total Fat 11g|
|Total Saturated Fat 6g no|
|Total Carbs 13g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our moderators to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.