- 3 cups of mozzarella
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Swerve, Granular
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- 2 TBS butter (melted)
- 1 1/2 TBSP cinnamon
- ½ cup Brown Swerve
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Brown Swerve
- 2 TBS maple syrup (optional) or a TBS of water
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup chopped, toasted pecans (350 degrees for 5-7 minutes to toast)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the mozzarella and cream cheese to a large bowl. Place in the microwave for 60 seconds. Mix cheeses together. Then microwave for another 30 - 45 seconds.
- Remove the mixture from the microwave. Stir in the almond flour, Swerve, and baking powder.
- Add in the egg. Stir until the mixture forms into a ball - you may have to use your hand to form the dough.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a flat working surface and dust with coconut or almond flour.
- Make the dough into a ball, remove from bowl, and place on dusted parchment paper. Place another sheet of parchment paper over the dough to help roll out and flatten the dough. I use a rolling pin over the parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough until it is about 1/4 inch thick, and 12 by 12 inches.
- Spread melted butter over the dough using a basting brush. Sprinkle the cinnamon and Brown Swerve evenly across the rolled out dough.
- Warning! be very careful in this step because dough could tear- Carefully, roll the bottom of the dough up once to begin to form a cylinder. Then use the bottom layer parchment paper to continue to roll the dough up to form one large roll.
- Slice the dough into equal sized 8 pieces. (If they tear it is okay- the dough will come together when baked)
- Place the rolls in a round greased cake pan with a little space in between them, and place them in preheated oven for 30 -35 minutes until golden brown.
- While sticky buns are cooking, make the glaze.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Stir in the Brown Swerve, maple syrup, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, and pecans. Stir until the Swerve is completely dissolved. Set aside
- Remove the rolls from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour and spread glaze on dough in pan and serve hot now!
Serving Size 1 piece
|Total Fat 14g|
|Total Saturated Fat 5g|
|Total Carbs 21g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Added Sugar 2g|
|Net Carbs: 3g|