Fat Head Dough Sticky Buns
- 3 cups of mozzarella
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Swerve, Granular
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- 2 TBS butter (melted)
- 1 1/2 TBSP cinnamon
- ½ cup Brown Swerve
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Brown Swerve
- 2 TBS maple syrup (optional) or a TBS of water
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup chopped, toasted pecans (350 degrees for 5-7 minutes to toast)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the mozzarella and cream cheese to a large bowl. Place in the microwave for 60 seconds. Mix cheeses together. Then microwave for another 30 - 45 seconds.
- Remove the mixture from the microwave. Stir in the almond flour, Swerve, and baking powder.
- Add in the egg. Stir until the mixture forms into a ball - you may have to use your hand to form the dough.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a flat working surface and dust with coconut or almond flour.
- Make the dough into a ball, remove from bowl, and place on dusted parchment paper. Place another sheet of parchment paper over the dough to help roll out and flatten the dough. I use a rolling pin over the parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough until it is about 1/4 inch thick, and 12 by 12 inches.
- Spread melted butter over the dough using a basting brush. Sprinkle the cinnamon and Brown Swerve evenly across the rolled out dough.
- Warning! be very careful in this step because dough could tear- Carefully, roll the bottom of the dough up once to begin to form a cylinder. Then use the bottom layer parchment paper to continue to roll the dough up to form one large roll.
- Slice the dough into equal sized 8 pieces. (If they tear it is okay- the dough will come together when baked)
- Place the rolls in a round greased cake pan with a little space in between them, and place them in preheated oven for 30 -35 minutes until golden brown.
- While sticky buns are cooking, make the glaze.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Stir in the Brown Swerve, maple syrup, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, and pecans. Stir until the Swerve is completely dissolved. Set aside
- Remove the rolls from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour and spread glaze on dough in pan and serve hot now!
Serving Size 1 piece
|Total Fat 14g|
|Total Saturated Fat 5g|
|Total Carbs 21g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Added Sugar 2g|
|Net Carbs: 3g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.