- 2 cups shredded zucchini (loosely packed)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ⅔ cup Swerve Confectioners
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ounces sugar-free dark chocolate, chopped and melted
- Place the zucchini in a large sieve in the sink and sprinkle with the salt. Toss to combine, then let drain one hour. Once drained, squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease an 8x8 inch baking pan. Line the bottom with parchment, with overhanging sides for easy removal. Lightly grease the parchment.
- Pour the mix into a large bowl. Add the eggs, butter, and zucchini and stir to combine, then add the water and mix until smooth. If the batter is very thick, add more water, 1 tbsp at a time, until it’s a spreadable consistency.
- Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes, until the top is just firm to the touch. Remove and let completely cool in the pan, then lift out by the parchment paper edges.
In a medium bowl, cream the butter with the sweetener until well combined. Beat in the vanilla extract, then beat in the melted chocolate until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl and the beaters as needed.
Spread over the cooled brownies and refrigerate 30 minutes until a little firmer before cutting into bars.
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 16g|
|Total Saturated Fat 8g|
|Total Carbs 21g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 3g|