Angel Food Cake
- Check out the Swerve angel food cake here
- Half of a fresh pineapple
- 1 lb and half of strawberries
- 6 oz of blueberries
- ¼ cup of Swerve Granular
- 6 egg yolks
- ¾ cup Swerve confectioners
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 1 TBS pure vanilla extract
- 1 pound or 16 oz of mascarpone cheese (room temperature)
- 1 ¼ cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 TBS Swerve confectioners
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- In a medium sauce pan whisk together egg yolks and Swerve until well blended. Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture has a soft roll boil. Boil gently for one minute. Remove from heat, stir in a TBS of vanilla extract, and allow to cool slightly. Cover tightly and chill in refrigerator for one hour.
- Follow Instructions and make the Swerve Angel Food Cake.
- While cake is baking, cut half a pineapple into chunks and place in a bowl.
- Wash and chop strawberries, place in bowl, and toss in ¼ cup of Swerve granular. Alternatively, you can pulse strawberries in food processors 3-5 times. You do not want to puree the strawberries; you want to have chunks of strawberries in your trifle.
- Wash blueberries.
- Make whipped cream by adding heavy whipping cream, Swerve confectioners, and 1 tsp of Vanilla extract - set aside.
- Bring chilled egg mixture out of the refrigerator, add mascarpone and whisk into egg mixture, combining completely.
- Next with a spatula, fold whipped cream into mascarpone/egg mixture combining completely.
- Now that all of the elements are made, grab a glass container or trifle bowl, tear pieces and place half of the cake on the bottom of the bowl, then add half of the strawberries with Swerve created juices, then add half of the blueberries, and half of the pineapple, sprinkling evenly across the top of the cake layer.
- Next place pudding/custard mixture on top of the fruit.
- Follow the steps again, and create another layer of cake, fruit, and pudding/custard mixture.
- Chill in the fridge for a few hours, serve, and enjoy!.
- Note: You can use any fruit you want to- I would not omit the strawberries though because the natural syrup created by the strawberries and Swerve, helps soak the cake.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.