Gingerbread Cake with Cinnamon Frosting
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup shortening or coconut oil
- 1 cup Brown Swerve
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Generously grease bundt pan.
- Stir together flour, cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place shortening or coconut oil in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 30 seconds until creamy. Add Brown Swerve. Beat until fluffy. Add eggs and molasses, and beat for one minute. Add flour mixture & water alternating both. Beat on a medium speed until well combined.
- Pour batter into a prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then let cool completely before removing from pan.
*Note: If using coconut oil, bake an additional 15 minutes.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tbs vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups of Swerve, Confectioners
- Add cream cheese and butter to mixer bowl. Beat on medium speed until combined.
- Add cinnamon and vanilla, beat until combined.
- Add Swerve, Confectioners and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the frosting to cooled cake.
Makes 16 servings.
Serving Size 1 slice
|Total Fat 25g|
|Total Saturated Fat 18g|
|Total Carbs 46g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 16g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.