Gingerbread Cookie Bars
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup Swerve, Granular
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp whipping cream
- 2 tsp holiday sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a 9x9 or 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cocoa powder, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with the Swerve until lighter and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract. Then beat in the almond flour mixture until well combined. The dough will be quite sticky.
- Press dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. This works best by covering it with more parchment or waxed paper, so it doesn’t stick to your hands. Use a flat-bottomed glass or measuring cup to smooth the top.
- Bake 25 minutes, until edges are just golden brown and the center is still a little soft. Remove and let cool.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Continue to cook until the butter becomes a dark amber, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove and let cool 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat the browned butter together with the confectioner’s Swerve. Beat in the vanilla and whipping cream. Spread over the cooled bars.
- Sprinkle immediately with holiday sprinkles, if using.
- Makes 16 bars.
NET CARB COUNT. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting dietary fiber and Swerve used in the recipe.
Serving Size 1 (55g)
|Total Fat 19g|
|Total Saturated Fat 7g no|
|Total Carbs 20g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our moderators to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.