- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup unflavored whey protein powder
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Swerve, Granular
- 1 tbsp molasses (optional, helps colour and flavour)
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup heavy cream mixed with water (about half of each)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 6 tbsp Swerve, Confectioners
- 6 tbsp cream, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a 12-cavity muffin pan with paper liners (I suggest parchment for easy release muffins).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, whey protein powder, ginger, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- In another large bowl, beat butter with Swerve until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in molasses, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Beat in half of the almond flour mixture, then the cream/water mixture, and then the remaining almond flour mixture, until well combined. Scrape down beaters and sides of bowl as needed.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups and bake 28 to 32 minutes, until lightly browned and firm to the touch. Remove and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with butter until smooth. Beat in powdered Swerve until combined. Beat in cream and vanilla until a spreadable consistency is achieved.
- Pipe or spread onto cooled cupcakes.
Makes 12 cupcakes.
Serving Size 1 cupcake
|Total Fat 36g|
|Total Saturated Fat 16g|
|Total Carbs 25g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Net Carbs: 4g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.