Gluten Free Chewy Brownies
- 4 egg whites (room temperature)
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 6 TBS coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup Swerve granular
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 ¾ cup fine ground almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9" square pan with parchment paper and grease the paper. Mix together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt, and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat on the highest setting, egg whites and cream of tartar for 7-10 minutes until you get stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Melt coconut oil in a saucepan over low to medium low heat. Stir in Swerve and vanilla, and stir for a few minutes. Remove from heat, and pour into a separate mixing bowl. Quickly whisk in eggs, one at a time (this will ensure the eggs do not cook). Stir in dry ingredients with a spatula until well combined. Add meringue (stiff peaks) and gently mix into the batter until combined. Spread smoothly in prepared pan. Bake 17 minutes or until the edges of the pan show brownies are cooked. It is okay if the middle of the brownie looks undercooked (they will be ooey gooey when served).
- Cool in pan completely. Cover with rack and turn pan over. Remove pan and parchment paper. Cover pan with another baking rack and turn back over again. Cut and enjoy!
Makes about 24 servings.
Serving Size 1 brownie
|Total Fat 11g|
|Total Saturated Fat 4g|
|Total Carbs 12g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|