Gluten Free Valentine's Day Sugar Cookies
- 1 3/4 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup Swerve, Granular
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- 1 TBS milk
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup Swerve, confectioners
- 1 TBS milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- Watkins Natural Food Coloring(red)
For the Cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 325.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt and baking powder, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and Swerve until well combined, scarping the side of the mixer bowl as necessary. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy. Add dry ingredients and 1 tablespoon of milk and mix until combined.
- Make two balls of dough and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator for at least two hours to chill.
- Roll out on parchment paper or lightly floured counter top to about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness, and cut out with cookie cutters.
- Place on greased cookie sheets and bake at 325 for 8-10 minutes until cookie edges are a bit golden.
- Let cool on cookie sheet, and keep them uncovered for about an hour or two before icing.
For the Icing
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add Swerve, Confectioners and mix on high for 5 minutes. Add milk and vanilla and mix for another 5 minutes. Add 18-20 drops of natural food coloring to icing, and mix until desired color is reached.
- Ice cookies and enjoy!
Makes about 3 dozen servings.
Serving Size 1 cookie
|Total Fat 5g|
|Total Saturated Fat 2.5g|
|Total Carbs 6g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|Net Carbs: 0g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.