Halloween Shortbread Finger Cookies
- 1 ¾ cup fine almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 6 tbsp butter softened
- ½ Swerve Granular
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- ½ cup of unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cookie ingredients until a thick, creamy batter is formed.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from refrigerator in small amounts. Scoop 1 heaping teaspoon at a time onto a piece of waxed paper. Use the waxed paper to roll the dough into a thin finger-shaped cookie (do not make cookies too big or they will become fat fingers).
- Press one almond into one end of each cookie to give the appearance of a long fingernail. Squeeze cookie near the tip and again near the center of each to give the impression of knuckles. You can also cut into the dough with a sharp knife at the same points to help give a more finger-like appearance. Arrange the shaped cookies on the baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cookies are slightly golden in color, 8 minutes.
- Note: You can dip ends of cookies in Swerve Raspberry Sauce to help them appear to be bleeding, or you can remove the almond from the end of each cookie; place a small amount of raspberry sauce into the cavity; replace the almond to cause the sauce to ooze out around the tip of the cookie.
Makes 36 cookies.
Serving Size 1 cookie
|Total Fat 5g|
|Total Saturated Fat 1.5g|
|Total Carbs 4g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|Net Carbs: 0g|