Halloween Shortbread Finger Cookies
- 1 ¾ cup fine almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 6 tbsp butter softened
- ½ Swerve Granular
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- ½ cup of unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cookie ingredients until a thick, creamy batter is formed.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from refrigerator in small amounts. Scoop 1 heaping teaspoon at a time onto a piece of waxed paper. Use the waxed paper to roll the dough into a thin finger-shaped cookie (do not make cookies too big or they will become fat fingers).
- Press one almond into one end of each cookie to give the appearance of a long fingernail. Squeeze cookie near the tip and again near the center of each to give the impression of knuckles. You can also cut into the dough with a sharp knife at the same points to help give a more finger-like appearance. Arrange the shaped cookies on the baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cookies are slightly golden in color, 8 minutes.
- Note: You can dip ends of cookies in Swerve Raspberry Sauce to help them appear to be bleeding, or you can remove the almond from the end of each cookie; place a small amount of raspberry sauce into the cavity; replace the almond to cause the sauce to ooze out around the tip of the cookie.
Makes 36 cookies.
Serving Size 1 cookie
|Total Fat 5g|
|Total Saturated Fat 1.5g|
|Total Carbs 4g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|Net Carbs: 0g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.