Hot Chocolate Truffles
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 1 tsp vanilla extract OR peppermint extract
- 3 to 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Crushed sugar-free peppermint candies (optional)
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the cream to a simmer. Remove from heat and add the butter and chopped chocolate. Let sit 5 minutes to melt.
- Add the Swerve and extract and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours to firm up.
- Using your hands, roll the mixture into 1 inch balls (prepare to get those hands dirty...this is a messy business!). If your mixture is crumbly, simply warm it between your palms before rolling into a ball.
- Roll the balls in cocoa powder or crushed peppermint candies. Eat as is or turn into hot chocolate!
- To use for hot chocolate, simply heat some almond milk or whole milk. Add two truffles and stir until melted.
Makes about 30 truffles. 2 truffles per serving.
Hot Chocolate Truffles 3
Serving Size 2 truffles
|Total Fat 13g|
|Total Saturated Fat 8g|
|Total Carbs 9g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|