Irish Boozy Cupcakes
- 1 cup Guinness beer
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups Swerve Granular
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 Tablespoon dry espresso powder
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs large, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 and 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 1/2 cups Swerve, Confectioners
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tablespoons Jameson Irish Whiskey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare cupcake tin by adding cupcake liners.
- In a medium saucepan on low heat, combine beer & butter. Keep on low until butter dissolves.
- Once butter is melted, slowly whisk in Swerve, cocoa and espresso until they have completely dissolved.
- Set mixture aside and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes (room temperature is fine but no hotter) In the meantime, sift together flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl, then set aside.
- Mix together sour cream, vanilla, and eggs.
- Beat on low until combined then slowly blend the chocolate mixture into the sour cream and eggs, keeping mixer speed on low.
- Add flour one cup at a time and mix on medium speed until well blended but do not overmix.
- Pour cupcake mixture into the prepared cupcake lines to about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick insert into the middle comes out clean. 15 min. Was perfect for my oven.
- Cool cupcakes in the pan for about 10 minutes, then remove them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Cream the softened butter in the bowl of a mixer.
- Gradually add the Swerve Confectioners and mix until well combined.
- Add the vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Add the Irish Whiskey One Tablespoon at a time and combine thoroughly.
- Spread on cupcakes with a knife or offset spatula or pipe using a piping bag and tip.
Rsz Img 3482
Serving Size 1 cupcake
|Total Fat 14g|
|Total Saturated Fat 8g|
|Total Carbs 35g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 7g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.