- 1 cup Guinness beer
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups Swerve Granular
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 Tablespoon dry espresso powder
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs large, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 and 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 1/2 cups Swerve, Confectioners
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tablespoons Jameson Irish Whiskey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare cupcake tin by adding cupcake liners.
- In a medium saucepan on low heat, combine beer & butter. Keep on low until butter dissolves.
- Once butter is melted, slowly whisk in Swerve, cocoa and espresso until they have completely dissolved.
- Set mixture aside and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes (room temperature is fine but no hotter) In the meantime, sift together flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl, then set aside.
- Mix together sour cream, vanilla, and eggs.
- Beat on low until combined then slowly blend the chocolate mixture into the sour cream and eggs, keeping mixer speed on low.
- Add flour one cup at a time and mix on medium speed until well blended but do not overmix.
- Pour cupcake mixture into the prepared cupcake lines to about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick insert into the middle comes out clean. 15 min. Was perfect for my oven.
- Cool cupcakes in the pan for about 10 minutes, then remove them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Cream the softened butter in the bowl of a mixer.
- Gradually add the Swerve Confectioners and mix until well combined.
- Add the vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Add the Irish Whiskey One Tablespoon at a time and combine thoroughly.
- Spread on cupcakes with a knife or offset spatula or pipe using a piping bag and tip.
Rsz Img 3482
Serving Size 1 cupcake
|Total Fat 14g|
|Total Saturated Fat 8g|
|Total Carbs 35g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 7g|