Dulce de Leche
- 6 TBS of butter (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 1/8 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp molasses
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup whey unsweetened protein
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 4 TBS butter (room temperature)
- 2/3 cup of Swerve, Granular
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ TBS vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Spice Icing
- 6 TBS of unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 6 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 2 tsp heavy whipping cream or milk
- 1/3 cup dulce de leche
Dulce De Leche Cupcakes
Dulce de Leche
- Make the Dulce de Leche first so that it can come to room temperature.
- Heat molasses and Swerve on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Swerve will dissolve and become a liquid.
- Add butter (it should bubble some), and whisk in until completely melted.
- Add whipping cream and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Remove from heat, and add salt and xanthan gum. Whisk until combined, and set aside and let cool, whisking every 10 minutes while it cools to continue activating the xanthan gum.
- Preheat your oven to 325°F and line a muffin pan with 10 liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, baking powder, protein powder and salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, on medium high speed, mix together softened butter and Swerve until creamy. On medium speed add eggs, lemon juice and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Add almond milk and mix until combined. Remove mixer bowl and stir a few times with a spatula.
- Pour the batter evenly into the muffin liners, about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out mostly clean; you do not want it to come out completely dry.
Dulce De Leche Pumpkin Spice Icing
- In an electric mixer or with a hand mixer combine frosting ingredients except for dulce de leche. Beat until well combined for about 10 minutes on high speed.
- Add room temperature dulce de leche to icing, and gently fold in to create a swirl with icing and leche.
- Place in icing bag and pipe onto cupcakes or use a knife and spread onto cupcakes.
- Top with Swerve Caramel Popcorn for a festive and fall-like topping!
Makes 10 cupcakes.
Dulce De Leche Cupcake 3
Serving Size 1 cupcake
|Total Fat 30g|
|Total Saturated Fat 14g|
|Total Carbs 29g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 3g|