- 1 1/2 cups finely ground almond flour
- 1/4 cup Swerve Confectioners
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 6 tbsp butter
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp Brown Swerve
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 6 ounces sugar-free chocolate
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a 9x9 inch pan with parchment paper, allowing some overhang for easy removal.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, Swerve, and salt. Stir in the melted butter until the dough begins to clump together.
- Press mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan and bake 15 to 18 minutes, until golden brown. Remove and let cool completely.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter and Swerve. Bring to a boil and cook 3 to 5 minutes (be careful not to burn it). Remove from heat and add the cream. Mixture will bubble vigorously.
- Sprinkle the surface with xanthan gum, then whisk in quickly to combine. Add the salt and whisk in.
- Bring the mixture back to a boil, and cook another 2 to 3 minutes, until bubbling thickly.
- Remove from heat and let caramel cool about 10 minutes, until thickened but still pourable. Pour over the cooled crust, making sure to spread to the edges.
- Place the pan in the freezer 1 to 2 hours to set the caramel.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments, stirring each after each turn in the microwave. Repeat until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Pour onto the cooled caramel layer. Gently shake the pan from side to side to help it spread.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours or until firm. Slice into 16 pieces and store remaining pieces in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 22g|
|Total Saturated Fat 12g|
|Total Carbs 17g|
|Dietary Fiber 5g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|