- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup unflavored protein powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 6 TBSP butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Swerve, Granular
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 °F and line a muffin pan (or two) with 14 liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the cocoa powder, almond flour, protein powder, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine baking soda and vinegar. Mix together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add softened butter and Swerve. Using an electric mixer, cream together for 5 minutes. Add sour cream, eggs, and vanilla extract, and mix on medium speed. Add the dry mixture, vinegar mixture, and almond milk, and mix for 3 minutes until well combined.
- Pour the batter evenly into the muffin liners, about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out almost clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting, and enjoy!
Makes 14 servings.
Choc Cupcake 2
Serving Size 1 cupcake w/ frosting
|Total Fat 25g|
|Total Saturated Fat 13g|
|Total Carbs 28g|
|Dietary Fiber 5g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|