Keto Chocolate Cupcakes
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup unflavored protein powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 6 TBSP butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Swerve, Granular
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 °F and line a muffin pan (or two) with 14 liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the cocoa powder, almond flour, protein powder, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine baking soda and vinegar. Mix together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add softened butter and Swerve. Using an electric mixer, cream together for 5 minutes. Add sour cream, eggs, and vanilla extract, and mix on medium speed. Add the dry mixture, vinegar mixture, and almond milk, and mix for 3 minutes until well combined.
- Pour the batter evenly into the muffin liners, about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out almost clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting, and enjoy!
Makes 14 servings.
Serving Size 1 cupcake w/ frosting
|Total Fat 25g|
|Total Saturated Fat 13g|
|Total Carbs 28g|
|Dietary Fiber 5g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.