- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 teaspoons gelatin
- 5 - 8 ounce blocks of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Swerve, Confectioners (or to desired sweetness
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped clean (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- Place the almond milk in a small saucepan (or small microwave safe bowl). Sift the gelatin into the almond milk. Heat gelatin mixture until the gelatin melts, over medium high heat for about 2 minutes, or in the microwave for 10 seconds until liquefied.
- In an electric mixer bowl, add the almond milk mixture, cream cheese, Swerve, and mix well. Add vanilla and beat until smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Pour the batter into a bundt pan, silicone buche pan, or a 9x5-inch loaf pan
- Note: if you use a bundt pan, generously spray the pan with non-stick spray. If you use a loaf pan, line it with parchment paper so you can easily release the cake.
- Gently put the mold in the freezer while you make the crust and coating.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup crushed salted pecans, keeping some larger than others
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- For the praline crust, place the butter in a large saucepan and heat until butter starts to bubble and brown flecks appear, stirring often.
- To watch a video on browning butter, click HERE: http://mariamindbodyhealth.com/videos/
- Once the butter is dark brown, but not black, add the Swerve. Remove from heat and add the crushed nuts and cinnamon. Stir well to combine. Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Remove cheesecake from the freezer. Place 1 1/4 cup of the praline mixture onto the cheesecake layer (this will be your crust). Place back in freezer until frozen, at least 4 hours. Place the extra praline mixture in aside.
- Once the cheesecake is totally frozen, remove it from the mold or pan. Place on a serving platter with the crust side down and drizzle the top with reserved praline mixture (re-heat the topping by placing it back on the stove or heating in the microwave until you are able to drizzle it).
- Store in fridge for up to 3 days or freezer for up to a month. Allow to thaw before cutting into slices for serving.
* Notes: You will need to let the cake thaw for an hour or two before trying to transfer to a serving platter. The cake will come out easily in the silicone buche pan or loaf pan. You will need to gently scrape down all sides of the cake to release it from the bundt pan.
Makes 16 servings.
Serving Size 1 slice
|Total Fat 41g|
|Total Saturated Fat 22g|
|Total Carbs 22g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Net Carbs: 4g|