- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup Swerve Confectioners
- 1/4 tsp glucomannan or xanthan gum
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp almond flour,
- 1/3 cup Swerve Granular
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tbsp egg whites (fresh or carton)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the berries and water to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the berries are soft and can be mashed with a fork, about 5 minutes. Stir in the Swerve and the glucomannan and set aside to cool and thicken.
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line a muffin pan with 8 silicone or parchment liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the butter, egg whites, and extract until the dough comes together.
- Roll the dough into 8 even balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Press into the bottom and halfway up the sides of the prepared muffins cups. Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool a few minutes, then re-shape the center wells a bit if they have puffed up. Divide the raspberry jam among the shells and return to the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes, until the tarts are golden brown around the edges.
- Remove and let cool completely before serving. Dust lightly with Swerve Confectioners, if desired.
Serving Size 1 tart
|Total Fat 10g|
|Total Saturated Fat 2.5g|
|Total Carbs 18g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|