- 3 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder (Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 3 TBS Swerve Confectioners
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Lily’s white chocolate chips
- 2 tsps coconut oil or MCT oil
- 2 Smashmallow cinnamon churro marshmallows- cut into 24 mini marshmallows (minimal sugar, but not sugar free)
- Carolyn Ketchum also has sugar free and diabetic friendly marshmallow recipes https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/sugar-free-marshmallows/
- 8 oz milk of choice or almond milk
- 2 TBS of Swerve Granular separated and combined with favorite natural food coloring for sprinkles. I make green, purple, and yellow which means I use 6 TBS to create three colors.
Tools: 2 inch round sphere molds or larger- normally come with 6 to a mold and can buy on Amazon
- Combine cocoa powder, Swerve and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Whisk and set aside.
- Place chocolate chips and oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 25 seconds. Remove chips and oil mixture and stir. Place back in microwave for another 15 seconds. Remove from microwave and whisk. Set aside.
- With ¾ of the white chocolate mixture, take both sides of your molds, and with the back of a spoon and/or paintbrush, brush the white chocolate mixture on the sides of each mold to create the round shell. Make sure you add plenty to the rim of the mold because the tops tend to be more fragile and need a thicker layer.
- Place the mold in the fridge to chill for 5 minutes. This will allow the white chocolate coating to set.
- Take molds out of the fridge, and reapply another layer of the white chocolate mixture evenly specifically to those rims. Place in the fridge for another 10 minutes to completely chill and set.
- Remove mold and gently remove each of the shells from the mold.
- In 6 of the sphere halves, place 3 tsps of hot cocoa mixture and top with four mini marshmallows.
- Warm a small skillet on low heat. Take the remaining 6 empty sphere halves, place them one at a time, rim side down on the warm skillet. Let the rim melt for maybe 5 seconds, and then place the melted rim one of the sphere halves that contains the cocoa mixture. Be careful not to spill cocoa mixture.
- Follow the above step until you have 6 hot cocoa bombs.
- Drizzle the outside of the hot cocoa bombs with remaining melted white chocolate (you can microwave for 5 second intervals if it is not drizzleable).
- Decorate with sprinkles and gently place in fridge for another 5 minutes.
- In a sauce pot or microwave, warm almond milk on low heat until it steams.
- Add hot cocoa bomb to a coffee mug, pour warm milk over the hot cocoa bomb. Stir with a spoon and enjoy!
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 9g|
|Total Saturated Fat 6g|
|Total Carbs 36g|
|Dietary Fiber 7g|
|Added Sugar 2g|
|Net Carbs: 3g|