Lemon Blueberry Scones
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup Swerve, Granular
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup blueberries (fresh work best as frozen tend to leave blue streaks throughout the dough)
- 1/4 cup Swerve, confectioners
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, Swerve, lemon zest, baking soda and salt. Stir in eggs, butter, and lemon juice until dough comes together. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Turn dough out onto prepared baking sheet and gently pat into a low, flat rectangle, about 10 by 5 inches. Cut into 6 even squares, then cut each square diagonally into 2 triangles.
- Use a knife or offset spatula to gently lift each scone and scatter around baking sheet. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until set and edges are golden. Let cool on pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk confectioner’s Swerve and lemon juice together until smooth. Drizzle over cooled scones.
- Makes 12.
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 26g|
|Total Saturated Fat 8g no|
|Total Carbs 32g|
|Dietary Fiber 9g|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our moderators to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.