- 1 stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 ¼ cup Swerve Confectioners
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice (About 4 lemons)
- 1 TBS freshly grated lemon zest (refrigerate lemon first, and it helps grating)
- Beat butter and Swerve in an electric mixer on medium speed until blended.
- Add eggs and egg yolks, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Slowly add lemon juice to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended.
- Remove from mixer. Stir in zest (mixture will look curdled).
- Transfer mixture to a heavy 4 quart saucepan, and cook, whisking constantly, over medium low heat until mixture thickens about 10-15 minutes depending on quality of your pot.
- Transfer curd to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap directly onto curd (this ensures a skin doesn’t form while it cools). Chill until firm in refrigerator for about 4 hours. *
- *Note: You can refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Makes about 20 servings.
Serving Size 1 (34g)
|Total Fat 3.5g|
|Total Saturated Fat|
|Total Carbs 10g|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our moderators to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.