Lemon Poppyseed Biscotti
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup granulated Swerve Sweetener
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s Swerve Sweetener
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, Swerve, poppy seeds, baking powder, xanthan gum, and lemon zest. Add butter, egg and lemon extract and stir until dough comes together.
- Turn out onto prepared baking sheet and pat into a rectangle about 5 by 10 inches. Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned and firm to the touch. Remove and let cool at least 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 250F. Using a sharp knife, gently cut into 15 even slices. Lay each slice cut side down on baking sheet and return to oven for 15 minutes. Gently turn over each slice, turn off oven and let sit inside until cool.
- Whisk together the confectioner’s Swerve and lemon juice. Drizzle over cooled biscotti and let set, about 10 minutes.
NET CARB COUNT. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting dietary fiber and Swerve used in the recipe.
Serving Size 1 (29g)
|Total Fat 10g|
|Total Saturated Fat 3g no|
|Total Carbs 9g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our moderators to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.