- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup granulated Swerve Sweetener
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s Swerve Sweetener
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, Swerve, poppy seeds, baking powder, xanthan gum, and lemon zest. Add butter, egg and lemon extract and stir until dough comes together.
- Turn out onto prepared baking sheet and pat into a rectangle about 5 by 10 inches. Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned and firm to the touch. Remove and let cool at least 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 250F. Using a sharp knife, gently cut into 15 even slices. Lay each slice cut side down on baking sheet and return to oven for 15 minutes. Gently turn over each slice, turn off oven and let sit inside until cool.
- Whisk together the confectioner’s Swerve and lemon juice. Drizzle over cooled biscotti and let set, about 10 minutes.
Makes 15 servings.
Lemon Poppyseed Biscotti
Serving Size 1 biscotti
|Total Fat 10g|
|Total Saturated Fat 2.5g|
|Total Carbs 12g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|