- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 dish.
- Cook three pieces of bacon- you can munch on the bacon as you bake or save for later- but this gives you the bacon drippings to sauté your onions and pepper. You can also use 2 TBS of butter.
- Sauté the onions and peppers in the bacon drippings on medium-low heat until the onions are translucent- 5-7 minutes.
- Pour drained beans in a medium-size bowl. Add mustard brown Swerve BBQ sauce water and gently fold in ingredients. Then add onion/bell pepper mixture with the bacon drippings and fold in until well combined.
- Pour baked bean mixture in 9 X 13 dish and cover the entire dish with bacon sides touching.
- Place in 350-degree oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Turn on the broiler and broil for 4-6 minutes until the bacon has firmed up a bit. Broilers can be tricky so watch your bacon to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Remove from oven- let cool for 10 minutes- remove bake slices and cut into 2-inch pieces. Return bacon pieces to beans and mix in.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 2.5g|
|Total Saturated Fat .5g|
|Total Carbs 21g|
|Dietary Fiber 5g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 13g|