Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/3 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed, and cut in half
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel-lined plate and reserve 2 tbsp of the grease in the pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine Swerve and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Cook until mixture darkens to amber, about 5 to 7 minutes, watching carefully so that it doesn’t burn. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar and maple extract.
- Bring pan with reserved bacon grease back to medium heat. Add Brussels sprouts and cook until bright green, tender, and browned in spots, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in bacon bits and maple mixture and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our moderators to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.