- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup Swerve, Confectioners
- ½ cup plus 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ to ¼ tsp chipotle powder or cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Place the chopped chocolate and Swerve in a heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan, bring the cream to just a simmer and then pour over the chocolate. Let sit 5 minutes to melt.
- Add the vanilla extract and chipotle powder and whisk until well combined and smooth. Refrigerate until firm enough to handle, about 2 to 3 hours.
- In a shallow plate, combine the cocoa powder and ground cinnamon. Roll the chilled chocolate mixture into 1 inch balls and then roll in the cocoa mixture.
- The truffles should be refrigerated but they taste best at room temperature so let them sit out for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
Makes 16 truffles (2 per serving).
Mayan Chocolate Truffles
Serving Size 2 truffles
|Total Fat 13g|
|Total Saturated Fat 8g|
|Total Carbs 12g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|