- 2 1/4 cups hazelnut meal
- 2/3 cup Swerve Granular
- 1/4 cup unflavored whey protein powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup hazelnut oil (or melted butter)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp hazelnut extract (or vanilla extract)
- 1/3 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 tbsp Swerve Confectioners
- 2 tbsp chopped toasted hazelnuts for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325F and grease a 12-well mini Bundt pan very well (you can also use a standard muffin pan, and use silicone or parchment liners, if you prefer).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the hazelnut meal, Swerve, protein powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the eggs, oil or butter, water, and hazelnut extract until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cakes are golden brown and just firm to the touch. Remove and let cool 20 minutes in the pan, then flip out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate together. Stir very frequently until melted and smooth.
- Stir in the Swerve Confectioners until smooth, then drizzle over the tops of the cake. Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts, if desired.
Serving Size 1 cake
|Total Fat 28g|
|Total Saturated Fat 6g|
|Total Carbs 25g|
|Dietary Fiber 6g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 5g|