- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream, room temperature (more if needed)
- 1 to 2 tsp mint extract
- Natural green food coloring such as India Tree or Color Kitchen
- 2 ounces dark sugar-free chocolate, very finely chopped
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in the sweetener until well combined.
- Add the whipping cream and mint extract, and beat in until smooth and creamy. If the frosting is too thick for spreading, add more whipping cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Add just enough green food coloring until a pale green is achieved. If using the powders from Color Kitchen, use a very light hand. Do not use the full package! The color continues to develop as the frosting sits.
- Fold in the chopped chocolate. Spread or dollop onto the cupcakes. To make the frosting look like a scoop of ice cream, use a cookie scoop to top the cupcakes.
Note: Because of the chocolate pieces, this is very hard to pipe with an icing bag. If you wish to do so, leave out the chocolate and simply sprinkle it on top of the cupcakes.
Serving Size 47g
|Total Fat 16g|
|Total Saturated Fat 10g|
|Total Carbs 16g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|