Mississippi Mud Brownies
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/4 cup fine ground almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup Swerve, Granular
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream or milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pecans on rimmed cookie sheet, and toast for 5-7 minutes. They should be aromatic but not burned.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
Note: Go ahead and separate your egg whites from your yolks for the brownies, and set aside one yolk for the cheesecake filling
- In an electric mixer or with a hand mixer, blend cream cheese until creamy.
- Scrape sides of bowl, and add Swerve Confectioners, and vanilla until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Add egg, and mix until combined. Set aside to dollop into brownie batter
- Line a 9" square pan with parchment paper and butter the paper. Mix together flours, cocoa, baking powder, and salt, and set aside.
- In a stand mixer on the highest setting, beat egg whites and cream of tartar for 7-10 minutes until you get stiff peaks. Set aside.
- In a saucepan on low to medium low heat, melt butter. Add Swerve Granular and vanilla, and stir for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat, and pour into a separate mixing bowl. Quickly whisk in eggs, one at a time (this will ensure the eggs do not cook).
- Stir in dry ingredients with a spatula until well combined.
- Add meringue (stiff peaks) and gently mix into the batter until combined.
- Spread smoothly in prepared pan.
- Dollop cream cheese filling all over the batter, and with a knife, create a design making sure not to mix too much or over blend the brownie mix and cheesecake filling. You want a pretty design.
- Bake 17-19 minutes or until the edges of the pan show brownies are cooked. It is okay if the middle of the brownie looks under cooked (they will be ooey gooey when served).
- Cool in pan for 30 minutes to an hour, and sprinkle toasted pecans all over top of brownies
- On low heat, in a saucepan, combine the butter, cocoa powder, and milk. Heat until the butter melts.
- Pour butter mixture in an electric mixer bowl (it may look like the butter is separating from the milk and that’s okay).
- With electric mixer or with a hand mixer, beat in the remaining frosting ingredients and drizzle onto the brownie while it's still warm.
- Set aside and let cool for an hour- then dive in!
Mississippi Mud Brownies
Serving Size 1 brownie
|Total Fat 19g|
|Total Saturated Fat 8g|
|Total Carbs 20g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|