Mixed Berry Trifle
- 3/4 cups Swerve, Confectioners
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsweetened protein powder
- 12 egg whites (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 16 oz strawberries
- 1/4 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 6 oz blackberries
- 8 oz Mascarpone cheese (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 TBS Swerve, Confectioners
- Remove leaves of strawberries. Cut strawberries into quarters and place in medium bowl.
- Toss in ¼ cup of Swerve and set aside for about an hour to let juice form.
- After an hour toss in blackberries.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and move oven rack to middle of the oven.
- Sift 3/4 cup of Swerve with salt and protein powder into a medium sized bowl.
- In an electric mixer, use a balloon whisk to thoroughly combine egg whites, water, extract, and cream of tartar. Mixture should look like foam.
- After 2 minutes, beat continuously at medium high speed until stiff peaks form. Egg white mixture should remain in bowl if turned upside down.
- Once you have achieved stiff peaks, sprinkle the Swerve/protein mixture on top of the foam. Using a spatula, fold in gently until combined.
- Carefully spoon mixture into a greased tube pan or 9 X 13 pan. Bake for 30 minutes before checking for done-ness with a toothpick or wooden skewer. Cake will be ready when a toothpick in the middle of the cake comes out dry.
- Remove from oven, and cool to room temperature. The cake will fall.
Note: If browning is too dark around 25 minutes of cooking, cover with aluminum foil.
- While cake is cooking, place mascarpone in stand mixer and beat on high for a minute.
- Add vanilla, Swerve, and heavy whipping cream, and beat on medium high for another 3 minutes.
- Place in icing bag with large icing tip.
- Take martini glass or trifle dish and add a layer of trifle cake (around 1/3 full).
- Sprinkle about 1/2 tsp strawberry juice over cake.
- Top moistened cake with 2-3 tbsp strawberries and blackberries.
- Add dollop with mascarpone cream.
- Place in fridge or serve immediately.
Serving Size 1 trifle
|Total Fat 11g|
|Total Saturated Fat 6g|
|Total Carbs 20g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Net Carbs: 4g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.