- 4 Cups Strawberries (washed and cut into quarters or slices)
- 1 cup pureed strawberries
- 1/3 cup water
- ¾ cup Swerve confectioners
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine Swerve, puree, salt and add water slowly in a sauce pan.
- Mix well and cook over medium heat (about 15 min)- wait for glaze to thicken, and it is okay if it boils, just keep stirring occasionally so it doesn’t stick to bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle xathan gum over mixture and whisk into mixture. Let glaze cool.
- Cut strawberries and place in a bowl. Pour cooled glaze over berries and toss gently.
- Place berry/glaze mixture in baked pie shell, and cover with cling wrap.
- Refrigerate for four hours, and serve with Swerve whipping cream.
- Note: I use the Swerve gluten free pie crust for my pie shell, and I also place the pie in the freezer for about 30 minutes before cutting.
Makes about 10 servings.
Serving Size 1 slice
|Total Fat 5g|
|Total Saturated Fat 1.5g|
|Total Carbs 27g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 12g|