Ms. Margee's Strawberry Pie
- 4 Cups Strawberries (washed and cut into quarters or slices)
- 1 cup pureed strawberries
- 1/3 cup water
- ¾ cup Swerve confectioners
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine Swerve, puree, salt and add water slowly in a sauce pan.
- Mix well and cook over medium heat (about 15 min)- wait for glaze to thicken, and it is okay if it boils, just keep stirring occasionally so it doesn’t stick to bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle xathan gum over mixture and whisk into mixture. Let glaze cool.
- Cut strawberries and place in a bowl. Pour cooled glaze over berries and toss gently.
- Place berry/glaze mixture in baked pie shell, and cover with cling wrap.
- Refrigerate for four hours, and serve with Swerve whipping cream.
- Note: I use the Swerve gluten free pie crust for my pie shell, and I also place the pie in the freezer for about 30 minutes before cutting.
- Makes about 10 servings.
Serving Size 1 (154g)
|Total Fat 13g|
|Total Saturated Fat|
|Total Carbs 32g|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.