"Oatmeal" Cream Pies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two baking sheets or line with parchment paper or Silpat mat.
- Melt butter on stove top or microwave. Set aside and let cool so it doesn’t melt chocolate chips.
- In a medium-size bowl combine chocolate chip cookie mix, Brown Swerve, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk, water, vanilla, and melted butter. Pour into dry ingredients, and mix together until well combined.
- Spoon a tablespoon of dough onto cookie sheet until you have 20 cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, and remove from oven.Let cool on baking sheets.
- While cookies are baking, combine shortening, Swerve Confectioners, vanilla, and salt in a stand mixer, and mix for around 10 minutes on medium-high speed.
- To make pies, take two cookies, with icing bag and round tip, place a TBS of cream filling on one cookie, and then place the other cookie on top, squeezing until cream can be seen on edges of cookie. Complete process for other cookies.
Note: If you don’t have Swerve Sweets Chocolate Chip Cookie mix, you can use our gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe, and substitute buttermilk in place of milk to the recipe, and add the cinnamon and nutmeg spices.
Makes 10 oatmeal cream pies.
Serving Size 1 pie
|Total Fat 24g|
|Total Saturated Fat 11g|
|Total Carbs 25g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Added Sugar 2g|
|Net Carbs: 7g|