Orange Mascarpone Frosting
- 16 ounces mascarpone, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup confectioner’s Swerve Sweetener
- 2 tbsp grated orange zest
- ¼ tsp orange extract
- ¾ cup whipping cream, room temperature, divided
- In a large bowl, beat mascarpone, cream cheese and sweetener together until well combined. Beat in orange zest and orange extract. Add ¼ cup of the whipping cream and beat until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, beat remaining ½ cup cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold whipped cream into mascarpone mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Place one layer of cake on a serving platter and spread with ⅓ of the frosting. Top with another layer of cake and spread with another ⅓ of the frosting. Top with final layer of cake and spread with remaining frosting. Sprinkle with grated orange zest, if desired.
Makes about 12 servings.
Serving Size 1/12 recipe
|Total Fat 25g|
|Total Saturated Fat 15g|
|Total Carbs 8g|
|Dietary Fiber 0g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|