Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies
- ½ cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup Swerve Granular
- 1/3 cup of Brown Swerve
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup of unsweetened creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 3/4 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup Swerve granular for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- With a mixer, cream softened butter and Swerve (brown and granular) until smooth. Add the egg and mix on high until combined. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Add vanilla and peanut butter and mix on high until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flourS, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients, and mix on low until combined. Dough will be firm and sticky. You can chill the dough for three hours to help rollability or roll immediately.
- Roll 1 Tablespoon of dough into a ball and then roll in Swerve Granular. Place on a cookie sheet and then press down with a fork (crisscross design) to form the signature peanut butter cookie design (like a tic-tac-toe board). Place in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned on the sides. The middle will look soft and undone. Remove from the oven and let cool in baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely .
- Serve immediately or they can stay covered at room temperature for 5 days.
Makes 24 servings.
Serving Size 1 cookie
|Total Fat 13g|
|Total Saturated Fat 4g|
|Total Carbs 11g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 3g|