- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup Swerve, Granular
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp molasses
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extrac
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp molasses (for color and flavor)
- 3 tbsp Swerve, Confectioners
- 1 tbsp whipping cream
- ¼ tsp vanilla or caramel extract
- 2 tbsp finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- In a food processor, grind ¾ cup of the pecans until they resemble coarse crumbs. Transfer to a large bowl and add the almond flour, Swerve, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the remaining chopped pecans. Add the butter, egg, molasses and vanilla extract until the dough comes together.
- Turn dough out onto prepared baking sheet and form into a long, low log about 4 by 10 inches. Bake 22 to 25 minutes, until golden brown and just firm to the touch. Remove and let cool at least 20 minutes.
- Using a sharp, straight-edge knife, slice into 14 even slices (a straight up and down motion works best, rather than sawing back and forth).
- Space the slices a few inches apart and bake another 10 minutes or so, then turn off the oven and let the biscotti sit inside until cool. They will continue to crisp up as they cool.
- In a small microwaveable safe bowl, melt the butter with the molasses. Stir in the confectioner’s Swerve until well combined, then stir in the whipping cream and the extract until smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled biscotti and sprinkle with finely chopped pecans. Refrigerate until set.
Makes 14 biscotti.
Pecan Pie Biscotti
Serving Size 1 biscotti
|Total Fat 15g|
|Total Saturated Fat 4g|
|Total Carbs 10g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|