Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (can use coconut milk for dairy-free)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 to 2 tbsp confectioner’s Swerve Sweetener (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract (or vanilla, or orange, or any extract your little heart might fancy)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp confectioner’s Swerve Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine almond milk, cream or coconut milk, cocoa powder and confectioner’s Swerve. Bring to just a simmer, whisking frequently to combine.
- Remove from heat and stir in peppermint extract. Divide between two mugs.
- For the garnish, combine whipping cream and confectioner’s Swerve in a medium bowl. Beat until medium peaks form. Dollop over hot chocolate and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
Makes about 2 servings.
Serving Size 1 cup
|Total Fat 35g|
|Total Saturated Fat 21g|
|Total Carbs 18g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 4g|