- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 2/3 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vodka (optional, helps reduce iciness)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 cups Swerve Candied Pecans, chopped
- Set a bowl over an ice bath and set aside. Combine cream, nut milk and Swerve Sweetener in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the Swerve dissolves and mixture reaches 175F on an instant read thermometer.
- Whisk egg yolks with salt in a medium bowl. Slowly add about 1 cup of the hot cream, whisking continuously, to temper the yolks. Then slowly whisk egg yolk mixture back into cream. Cook, whisking frequently, until mixture reaches 180F on an instant read thermometer.
- Pour mixture into bowl set over ice bath and allow to cool 10 minutes, then wrap tightly in plastic wrap and chill at least 3 hours. Stir in vodka, if using, and vanilla extract. Then sprinkle with xanthan gum and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Pour custard into the canister of an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Once churned, transfer half of the ice cream to an airtight container and sprinkle with half of the candied pecans. Swirl together, then top with remaining ice cream and remaining pecans and swirl together again. Freeze until just firm, 1 to 2 hours.
Makes 8 servings.
Serving Size 1/2 cup
|Total Fat 42g|
|Total Saturated Fat 18g|
|Total Carbs 34g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Net Carbs: 4g|