- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour- sifted
- 1 cup Brown Swerve
- 1 TBS baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsps pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup canola oil or coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup unsweetened/unspiced canned pumpkin
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of buttermilk or milk of choice
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- ½ cup sugar-free chips (optional)
Cream Cheese Glaze (Optional)
- 4 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 TBS water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBS unsalted butter
- 3 TBS Swerve Confectioners
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray or butter a 9 X 5 X 3 loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, Brown Swerve, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin spice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk oil, egg, pumpkin, buttermilk, vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, until combined.
- Fold in walnuts or chocolate chips into the batter if you are adding these.
- With a spatula, pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Place in oven and bake bread for 30 minutes. At 30 minutes loosely cover with aluminum foil, and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let come to room temperature.
- Once bread has cooled, remove from loaf pan, and cover with optional cream cheese glaze.
Cream Cheese Glaze
- Once pumpkin bread has cooled, make glaze by adding cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and Swerve Confectioners in a medium bowl, and whisk until well combined.
- Place in a small sauce pan, and on low heat, warm mixture until it becomes pourable. Once it becomes pourable, place loaf on cooling rack with wax or parchment paper underneath (prevents messes), and pour glaze over pumpkin bread until the top is covered, and it drizzles own the sides.
- Let glaze cool on pumpkin and enjoy!
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.